Posting to Discussions
Online discussions (aka Forums) can be used for many purposes, such as:
- Engaging in a discussion about the course material with colleagues or presenters
- Submitting an assignment or reflecting on a course related task
- Posting earned media (or a specific task related to your course)
Posting to CASLS Discussions (Forum)
Adding Photos/Video to Your Posts
- Click on Discussions in your course to start a new discussion or add to a forum that already has posts.
- Once in the discussion, click on “Add a new discussion topic.”
- When creating a new discussion post, remember to fill in all required materials.
- You will be composing messages on “Forums”, similar to the way that you would share public messages on a blog or social media.
- In addition to posting text, you can also share pictures, video, sound, and links to other resources.
- When posting a new discussion or reply in a discussion forum, you will also have the option of attaching (uploading) content including: Word files, PDFs, images and/or video.
- To do this you can use the drag and drop feature by clicking and dragging a document straight from your computer into this space. You can also use “File Picker” instead of the drag-and-drop file selection feature.
- When you have completed the discussion post click on “Post to forum.”